Schools licensed to use Candidate features can map form information to the EX Process Internet Submissions window where it can be processed and associated with the candidate’s information. You can map a single question to a table/column or use a collection grid to map several questions to the same row of a single mapping table.
This is a necessary set up if you plan to send the information candidates enter in your admission form to EX.
The EX Mapping Tool uses the Internet Submissions Mapping page where you can select a form type to see a list of related EX tables that can be used for mapping your form data. The base mapping tables are associated to form types via data provided by the installer and mappings to custom tables for various form types are managed using the EX Manage Mapping Tables window.
Only those tables associated with the selected form type are available for that form. For example, you cannot use the tables associated with the Admissions Inquiry form type with the Admissions Application form.
A database connection is not needed for EX Mapping Tool. It uses the Jenzabar Web Application Services Data Access Layer to connect back to EX. EX Mapping Tool cannot target any other database.
Set Up and Map Form Questions to the EX Process Internet Submissions Window
1. Log in to the campus portal as an administrator and access EX FormFlow - Forms.
2. Click Manage Forms. The Manage Forms page appears.
3. Click on the name of the form you want to update. The Form page appears.
4. Add the questions you want to map to the EX Process Internet Submissions window. If you are setting up the online application form, see Build an Online Application Form. Many of the needed EX mappings are completed for you.
5. Make note of the Unique IDs of the questions you want to map to the EX Process Internet Submissions window.
6. From the Tools menu, select EX Mapping Tool. The Internet Submissions Mapping page appears.
7. From the Form Type drop-down, select the type of form you are mapping to EX. A table drop-down appears. Example
8. Select the table you want to map the information to.
9. Click the Add New Row link. A list of available mapping rows for the table you selected appears.
10. Find the column you are mapping to.
11. From the drop-down next to the column, select the form question you want to map to the column. Example
12. Click Save.
13. Repeat steps 10 and 11 for each form question you want to map.
14. Click Done. When the form user submits or saves their form (varies according to your form setup), the question responses will be sent to the EX Process Internet Submissions window and available for review and processing.