The options on the Options tab let you determine what is available for form users to select when they answer a question with multiple selections for them to choose from, such as a drop-down, radio button, or check box question.
Orientation options let you determine how you want radio button and check box options to appear.
· Example: Horizontal radio buttons
· Example: Vertical radio buttons
Static options let you enter specific options that form users can select. They are specific to the form and populated from your EX or external database.
· Example: Static radio button setup
· Example: Static radio buttons in the user's form
Dynamic options let you provide options for the user based on your EX or external database. Dynamic options utilize data sources and can be reused across forms. They are useful for commonly used form questions such as State and Country lists. Jenzabar provides several JZB options you can use and you can create your own data sources to populate these options.
· Example: Dynamic drop-down list setup
If the Options Source has one or more arguments, match the argument to the corresponding form question in the drop-down list that appears below the argument. Example
· Example: Dynamic drop-down list in the user's form
In order to use data sources, you must set up the database connections. If you are creating custom data sources, you'll also need to set them up. See DataSources for more information.
Add static options
1. Log in to the campus portal as an administrator and access EX FormFlow - Forms.
2. Click Manage Forms. The Manage Forms page appears.
3. Click on the form you are working with.
4. Right-click on your form question and select Properties. The Edit Item window appears.
5. Click the Options tab.
6. From the Options radio button, select Static Options.
7. Click the Add option button. A new option row appears.
8. In the Numeric field, enter....
9. In the Value field, enter the value you wish to be stored in the database???
10. In the Text field, enter the text that you want the option to display as to the user.
11. If you wish for the option to be selected by default, click the corresponding Selected checkbox.
12. To remove a static option, click the Remove button.
13. To save your options, click Save changes.
14. To close out without saving your changes, click Close.
Add dynamic options
Log in to the campus portal as an administrator and access EX FormFlow - Forms.
Click Manage Forms. The Manage Forms page appears.
Click on the form you are working with.
Right-click on your form question and select Properties. The Edit Item window appears.
Click the Options tab.
From the Options radio button, select Dynamic Options. The Options Source drop-down list appears displaying the available data sources.
Select the data source you wish to populate the question's options.
To save your options, click Save changes.
To close out without saving your changes, click Close.
Next Topic: Rules