If your application includes a fee, your school may also choose to provide fee waivers. You can associate waiver codes with a hard coded data source or store them in a custom table. During this step, you will set up your waiver code data source and ensure the application form's Waiver Code question is mapped to it correctly.
For these features to work:
You must have a connection to the EX database set up in FormFlow. See Step 1 for more information.
You must have read/write access to the EX tables the form is accessing and collecting information from or saving information to.
If you are using waiver codes from a database:
1. From the FormFlow main menu, click the Tools menu and select Data Sources. The Data Source page appears.
2. From the DataSource drop-down, select JZB- Online Application Waiver Codes.
Make a copy of the provided JZB - * datasources as they may be updated and overwritten in a future release.
3. From the Use Database drop-down, select the database you are using to store the waiver codes. This could your EX database or another external database you are using with EX FormFlow - Forms.
4. In the DataSource Query field, update the Jenzabar-provided SQL query that honors the waiver codes as needed.
SELECT 'HONORS' AS Code
SELECT 'VISIT' AS Code;
5. Click Save DataSource.
6. Click Done.
7. Access the Finish tab of the online application form.
8. Right-click on the Waiver Code question and select Properties. The Edit Item window appears.
9. Click the Settings tab.
10. Verify the Waiver Code Datasource field has JZB - Online Application Waiver Codes selected. If not, select it.
11. Click Save. When an applicant enters a waiver code you have entered in your database, they will be able to complete the submission process without being charged the application fee.
If you are entering the waiver codes manually:
1. Right-click on the Waiver Code question and select Properties. The Edit Item window appears.
2. Click the Settings tab.
3. From the Waiver Code Datasource drop-down, select the blank option. This ensures the question isn't looking for a value from your database.
4. Click the Rules tab.
5. Click Add Step.
6. In the If the answer value is field, enter the waiver code. For example, your school may give a waiver code of FREE to college fair attendees.
7. From the event drop-down, select Payment: Override Balance.
8. If you have more than one waiver code, click repeat steps 5 - 7.
9. Click Save. When an applicant enters a waiver code you have entered here, they will be able to complete the submission process without being charged the application fee.
10. Right-click on the Submit button and select Properties. The Edit Item window appears.
11. Select the Rules tab.
12. From the default #2 And Payment: User Profile, select Payment: Override Balance?
13. Click Save.