Appointments are REQUIRED to take the COMPASS test.
To sign up please call
Student Services at: 620-343-4600 Ext 2.
A valid photo ID and
is required to take the COMPASS Test at F.H.T.C.
Please leave all personal items behind
and backpacks as they are not allowed in the testing center.
The Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Practical Nursing programs and the Anatomy and Physiology course students are
allowed two testing attempts
to meet the required scores. If the required scores are not met, the student must wait six months from the last attempt to begin re-testing. All other programs are
allowed three testing attempts
to obtain the required score. If the score is not obtained after the 3rd attempt, the student must wait
from the last test date to re-test.
Students needing special accommodations will need to send us a copy of their IEP
the COMPASS test. Accommodations can be scheduled during weekday business hours.
Calculator Guidelines for ACT Compass Testing
At the discretion of the institution where ACT Compass is being administered, a calculator may be used on the Numerical Skills/Pre Algebra, Algebra, College Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry tests. A student may use any four-function, scientific, or graphing calculator provided the calculator meets the requirements listed below. In addition, when the institution allows calculators, a four-function calculator is available on-screen during the Numerical Skills/Pre Algebra test and both scientific and four-function calculators are available on screen during the Algebra, College Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry tests. The on-screen calculators are very similar to the ones included with Microsoft Windows.
The following types of calculators are NOT ALLOWED:
- Calculators with built-in or downloaded computer algebra system functionality
Prohibited calculators in this category include:
Handheld, tablet, or laptop computers, including PDAs
Electronic writing pads or pen-input devices—Note: The Sharp EL 9600 is permitted.
Calculators built into cell phones or any other electronic communication devices
Calculators with a typewriter keypad (letter keys in QWERTY format)—Note: Letter keys not in QWERTY format are permitted.
The following types of calculators are permitted, but only after they are modified as noted:
- Calculators that can hold programs or documents—remove all documents and remove all programs that have computer algebra system functionality.
- Calculators with paper tape—Remove the tape.
- Calculators that make noise—Turn off the sound.
- Calculators with an infrared data port—Completely cover the infrared data port with heavy opaque material such as duct tape or electrician's tape (includes Hewlett-Packard HP 38G series, HP 39G series, and HP 48G).
- Calculators that have power cords—Remove all power cords.
Note: Sharing calculators during the test is not permitted.